Heather's Boutique, picture from Getty Images

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Quiche Recipe and good luck England!

Now some of you have been very cheeky about me serving quiche for my football party, what's wrong with that? Have you tasted it? it's very delicious. However you may have a point. So with that in mind, I have adapted the recipe slightly....by adding sausages.


Sausage, Bacon and Egg Quiche

Packet of short crust pastry, you might not need all of it.
2/3 eggs
150g lean smoked bacon
2 Sausages (Thin ones)
Grated cheese, to taste
125g creme fraiche
salt pepper,
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Butter
Flour for dusting pastry

Preheat oven to 220 C/430 F
Grease a 7 inch/ 18cm flan dish with butter.
Roll out pastry to about 3mm, and line flan dish.
Lightly brown bacon and sausages in a frying pan.
Beat together the eggs, creme fraiche, nutmeg, and S and P.
Spread the bacon on the pastry. Cut the sausages in half, lengthwise. Arrange in a cross shape over the bacon. Cover with grated cheese, depending on how much you like.
Pour over the egg mixture, making sure it doesn't spill over the top of the pastry case.
Bake for about 25 mins. Serve warm.

If anyone tries this, let me know how you get on.

Thanks to the person who sent me a photo of Kevin Gallen. I can see why he's your hero. Also the poem!! from a QPR fan, is that right? It took me a while to work out what you were talking about. Did you write that yourself? I liked it very much. You should put yourself forward to be a Poet Laureate for Football, is there such a thing? Someone said the QPR ground was in the most fashionable part of London, which is just fabulous. But where exactly, Richmond? Chelsea? Crouch End? I want to make sure I look my best.

So Rooney's foot is all better now.. well I did predict that, with my star charts and "Astro Heels"

Good Luck England
Bring home the Cup

Heatherx

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:39:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello there Heather, I guess it was me who posted the link to Gallen, one day ill tell you about the time he pushed my face in the mud when i was a nipper!

    QPR are sittuated as shown in the link for this message.

    U Rssssssss! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home