Heather's Boutique, picture from Getty Images

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Football games and sailing under

It's all very exciting, the new football season has started, and I cannot wait to go to a game. I've been looking at the fixtures, and am hoping to go in September. At least before it gets too cold or I'll have to wear my ghastly wool bobble hat, in which my friend says I look like a "daft deranged monkey". I told her for once I shall being putting football before style, and before shopping. I want to be a real fan, so if that's what it takes then that's what I'll do. I'm not religious but, my god, thank the Lord it's only once a week.

The teams I'm thinking about at the moment are

QPR, think I need to see what all the fuss is about. Are they really the team for me?
Charlton Athletic, my own choice, I heard a very nice man talking about them on five live the other day.

I would love to go to games further away, but it isn't really practical. Chelsea and Arsenal don't need my support, they've got plenty. So for the moment this is it and I'm trying to go with ideas that have been suggested on my website.

In the meantime should you ever get the chance to go sailing, on a boat, in the deep blue sea, some interesting photos I found in the St Mawes Sailing Club. (Sorry about the quality) Virgo, I hope you are paying attention?








This was taken a few years ago in Mylor, near Falmouth. Everyone escaped unharmed despite non swimmers being aboard. The final shot of the Falmouth working boat, is with the 16 foot bowsprit poking up and the jib. I've been told that once these boats heel over too far, water flows over the back end (stern) and they literally sail under. This one was sat on the sea bed upright with the sails still "flapping " under water, and part of the mast above water. But don't let this put you off, she was recovered within days and carried on sailing.

H'scopes coming soon, Heather x

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home